When I prepared rajma pulao for lunch today, I decided to deviate from the usual raita and made this aloo raita.
But honestly, I was wondering if boiled potatoes in yogurt would taste good and till I completed the dish, I was having my doubts. But once I tasted it, I was totally surprised, it tasted good and with the rajma pulao, it was the perfect combination. It would also go well with rotis / chapathis.
Do try this simple and easy potato raita recipe.
Aloo Raita recipe
- 1 large potato
- 1 cup yogurt / curd
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, roasted and powdered
- 1 tsp black salt / kala namak
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 green chilli
- Salt to taste
- Boil potatoes and chop them into small cubes.
- Beat yogurt with salt.
- Add cumin seeds powder, chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chillies and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Finally add the boiled potatoes and mix.
- Serve aloo raita chilled.