Boondi raita is a popular North Indian raita recipe using yogurt and boondi. I love raitas as they are very soothing, especially when having a fiery main dish. This boondi raita uses boondi which is a deep fried crispy gram flour snack.
I used homemade boondi for this recipe. You could also use the store bought readymade boondi. I love the simplicity of this raita and the fact that you could prepare this in no time and it tastes yummy.
You can serve this raita with biryani, pulao and rotis / parathas. You can check out other raita recipes pomegranate raita | capsicum raita | aloo raita. Do try this simple and easy boondi raita recipe.
Boondi Raita Recipe
Boondi Raita recipe
- 2 cups yoghurt ( dahi / curd )
- 1 cup boondi
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder ( jeera powder )
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Beat the yoghurt till it is smooth.
- Add salt, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala powder, sugar and red chilli powder to the yoghurt and mix well.
- Now add the boondi and mix well.
- Garnish the raita with chopped coriander leaves and a sprinkling of red chilli powder.
- Serve boondi raita immediately or it will turn soggy.