Aloo cheese toast is a minty potato and cheese open faced toasted sandwich. Its a cheesy toast with the lovely flavor of mint and chaat masala lending it a tangy taste. A filling snack for kids, they also make for a delicious snack with evening tea / coffee.
Lets move on to the recipe for easy aloo cheese toast.
Aloo Cheese Toast | Potato Cheese Toast Recipe
Aloo Cheese Toast recipe
- 5 bread slices
- 1 cup packed mint leaves / pudina
- 2 small potatoes, boiled
- 1 slice processed cheese / 2 cubes cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Mash the boiled potatoes and mix it with grated cheese or the cheese slice, when potatoes are still lukewarm.
- Blend the mint leaves along with cumin seeds and lemon juice into a fine paste.
- Mix the mint past with the potato mixture, salt and pepper powder.
- Butter the bread slices on one side.
- Apply a tbsp of the potato mixture on a bread slice, with the buttered side facing down.
- Sprinkle chaat masala powder on top.
- Grill this in the oven or toast it till the cheese melts and the bread turns crispy.
- Do the same with the remaining bread slices.
- Serve hot aloo cheese toast with tomato ketchup.