Baby Corn Pakoda or baby corn fritters recipe – a quick and easy Indian snack using baby corns. In this recipe baby corns are coated with a chickpea flour / besan batter and then deep fried. Pakoras are an all-time favorite snack of mine as it is so easy to prepare and tastes delicious with a hot cup of tea or coffee – a perfect snack for the monsoons.
This is also one snack you can prepare when you have just chickpea flour and looking for a quick snack option. I usually prepare onion pakoras that even go well as a side dish for rice. I usually don’t use baby corn much in my cooking. So this time when I got a pack of tender baby corns, I ended up making these baby corn pakodas.
With just a few spices along with the chickpea flour, the sweetness of the baby corns and the spices make for an interesting combination in these pakoras and they tasted delicious. Kids too will love this crunchy snack. The baby corns have to be boiled in water first and then dipped in the besan batter and deep fried in batches. If you are planning on some snack with baby corn do try this simple baby corn pakoda.
How to make Baby Corn Pakoda step by step
- Take the baby corns and remove the silks.
- Slice each baby corn lengthwise into 2 halves.
- Boil these sliced baby corns in enough water for 4 minutes. Then drain the water and set the boiled baby corns aside. Take the chickpea flour / besan in a bowl. Add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala powder.
- Also, add crushed ginger. Then add water in small quantities and whisk the batter till it is smooth and there are no lumps. The batter should be neither too thick nor too thin. Keep whisking for around 3 minutes to get fluffy pakoras. Dip each slice of baby corn in this batter and deep fry in hot oil in small batches till they turn golden brown.
- Now baby corn pakoras are ready to be served.
Baby Corn Pakoda | Baby Corn Fritters Recipe
Baby Corn Pakoda recipe
- 12-14 baby corns
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour / besan / gram flour / kadalai maavu
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed fresh ginger
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Remove the silks from baby corns and wash them.
- Slice each baby corn lengthwise into 2 slices.
- Boil the sliced baby corns in enough water for 4 minutes.
- Drain the water and set the boiled baby corn slices aside.
- Take the chickpea flour in a bowl. Add the spices, salt and crushed ginger.
- Add little water and whisk the batter. Make sure to add water in little quantities. The batter should be neither too thick nor too thin.
- Meanwhile heat enough oil for deep frying.
- Dip each baby corn slice in the batter and deep fry them in small batches to a golden-brown color.
- Baby corn pakodas are ready to be served with tomato ketchup or with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
- Whisk well for around 3 minutes to get fluffy pakoras.
- Make sure to gently place each batter-dipped baby corn in hot oil while deep frying.