Paneer cutlets are cottage cheese and potatoes mixed with spices, coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried. They are a very popular Indian snack dish that can also be served as an appetizer. Any Indian eatery serving snacks will surely have cutlets in their menu and having a hot cup of tea or coffee to go with it will be heavenly.
Kids will surely love this recipe that is made using paneer and potatoes and can be served as after school snacks. You can do the preparation for the cutlets and keep them in fridge. Deep fry them when needed. On a final note, wishing all Indians a Happy Independance Day! Now on to easy paneer cutlets recipe.
Paneer Cutlets | Cottage Cheese Cutlet Recipe
Paneer Cutlets recipe
- 1 cup crumbled paneer / cottage cheese
- 1 small potato
- 1 small onion
- 2 bread slices
- 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder
- A few coriander leaves
- All-purpose flour / maida
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potato till soft and mash it.
- Chop onion and coriander leaves finely.
- In a bowl, take the mashed potatoes and crumbled paneer and mix well.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and ginger.
- Dip the bread slices in water, squeeze out all the water and add it to the paneer mix.
- Add the spice powders along with salt and mix well.
- In another bowl, make a paste of maida with water.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a plate.
- Meanwhile, heat oil for deep frying.
- Make a ball with the paneer mixture and flatten it slightly.
- Dip it in the maida paste and coat the cutlet with the bread crumbs.
- Gently drop the cutlet in oil and deep fry over medium heat till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve paneer cutlets hot with tomato ketchup.