Paneer spinach sandwich is a healthy sandwich prepared with spinach leaves and cottage cheese. When one sees the combination of paneer and palak , the dish that instantly comes to mind is the ever popular North Indian dish palak paneer.
I settled on preparing this recipe, but one look at the bread slices and my mind changed and I made this yummy paneer and palak sandwich.
This is a protein and iron packed nutritious recipe as palak leaves are rich in iron and paneer is rich in proteins. Have this simple and tasty sandwich for breakfast or as a healthy tea time snack.
Paneer Spinach Sandwich – Spinach Cottage Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 cup chopped spinach / palak leaves
- 1 cup grated paneer / cottage cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper / capsicum
- Salt to taste
- Pepper according to taste
- A few coriander leaves
- Butter for toasting bread
- Chop onion, garlic and bell pepper finely.
- Heat oil / butter in a pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute it till onions turn soft.
- Add chopped bell pepper and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach, along with a little water and let this cook till the spinach is done.
- Add grated paneer, chopped coriander leaves, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Keep this filling aside.
- Butter the sides of the bread.
- Place a little of the filling prepared above on a bread slice and cover it with another bread slice.
- Grill it or toast it on the stove top.
- Serve paneer spinach sandwich for breakfast or snack with a fresh juice to go with it!