Bread gulab jamuns recipe – a twist to the most popular Indian sweet gulab jamun. It is hard to resist the sweet deep fried dumplings, gulab jamuns, soaked in a sugar syrup.
Gulab jamun is a popular Indian dessert recipe that is totally delicious. They are prepared for any festive occasions.
Sometimes you will find that you have some leftover sugar syrup after all the gulab jamuns are consumed. If you have some bread slices available, then prepare these delicious bread gulab jamuns.
They are easy to prepare and a great way to make use of the leftover sugar syrup.
Its also a great way to make use of leftover bread slices. When you are in the mood to eat something sweet, you could prepare these jamuns along with the sugar syrup and enjoy them.
Do try this yummy bread gulab jamun recipe.
Bread Gulab Jamuns Recipe
Bread Gulab Jamuns recipe
- 5 slices of bread
- 3 tbsp milk
- Gulab jamun syrup ( if using leftover syrup )
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 green cardamoms
- I have used whole wheat bread but you could use white bread also. Remove the bread crusts, if required. I have retained the bread crusts here.
- Add milk in small quantities to the bread and knead to form a dough.
- Form small balls from the dough and keep aside. Keep in mind that these bread jamuns are not going to increase in size as for gulab jamuns.
- Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying the jamuns.
- Fry the prepared balls in the oil till they turn golden brown.
- Drain them on a tissue paper and add them to the prepared syrup immediately.
- Let the jamuns soak in the syrup for an hour.
- Serve these yummy quick fix bread jamuns hot or cold!