Ragi peanut ladoo recipe is a quick and easy dessert using finger millet flour and peanuts. These ragi ladoos are healthy and taste delicious too. Sweets are an integral part of Indian cuisine and there are so many varieties of ladoos that are prepared.
I had earlier prepared a quick oats peanut ladoo which I loved.So I wanted to try another ladoo recipe this time using ragi flour.
Ragi flour / finger millet flour is very nutritious and is also gluten-free. It is rich in calcium and iron. Ragi flour with nutty peanuts and a hint of sesame seeds sweetened with sugar and flavored with cardamoms makes for these delicious sweet balls that are also healthy.
Kids will love these melt in your mouth ladoos that are a breeze to prepare. Lets move on to the recipe for ragi peanut ladoo.
- 1 cup ragi flour / finger millet flour / kelvaragu maavu
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts / groundnuts
- 1/2 tbsp white sesame seeds / ellu / til
- 2 cardamoms / elaichi
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- Heat a pan and dry roast the sesame seeds on a low flame till they change color to light golden brown. Transfer the roasted sesame seeds to a small bowl. In the same pan, dry roast the ragi flour till the raw smell goes away and you get a good aroma. Tranfer the roasted ragi flour it to the bowl.
- Again in the same pan dry roast the peanuts till they change color and set the roasted peanuts aside separately. Once they cool down, remove the skin of the peanuts.
- Grind the roasted ragi flour, roasted peanuts, roasted sesame seeds, sugar and cardamom pods together till they are of a fine powder consistency. Spread this mixture on a plate.
- Now heat the ghee in a small pan till it just melts and remove from heat.
- Add the ghee in small quantities to the ground mixture and mix it while the ghee is still warm.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and using the palm of your hands press it firmly to make small balls. Continue this procedure for the remaining mixture.
- Ragi peanut ladoo is ready to be served or you can transfer them to an airtight container.