Palak chana dal recipe is a simple split bengal gram dal and spinach gravy. This is an easy recipe with nutrition coming from the lentils and spinach leaves. This dish goes well as a side dish for rotis or chapatis. It can also be served with rice. Do try this easy palak chana dal recipe.
Palak Chana Dal | Chana Dal Spinach Curry Recipe
Palak Chana Dal recipe
- 1 bunch spinach / palak leaves
- 1/2 cup chana dal / split bengal gram dal / kadalai paruppu
- 1 onion
- 1 green chilli
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook chana dal till it turns soft.
- Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly and blanch them.
- Blend the spinach to a fine puree and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and when they turn brown, add chopped onions, slit green chilli, chopped ginger and chopped garlic.
- Saute onions till they turn translucent.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the spinach puree and the cooked dal along with a cup of water.
- Let this boil and once the gravy reaches desired consistency, add the garam masala powder and mix well.
- Remove from heat and serve palak chana dal with rotis / chapatis / pooris or even with rice.