Beans and carrot poriyal / stir fry is a South Indian recipe that makes use of minimal ingredients but tastes good. It could be had as a side dish for rice. There is no over powering of masalas in this dish. It is a light and simple dish that can be made very quickly and easily. There are no onions or tomatoes added to this dish
Beans Carrot Poriyal / Beans Carrot Fry Recipe
Beans Carrot Poriyal recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped beans
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp chana dal
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Boil the chopped beans and carrots in sufficient quantity of water along with salt and turmeric powder.
- In a pan heat about 2 tsp oil. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida.
- When mustard crackles, add urad dal and chana dal.
- Add chopped ginger, slit green chillies and curry leaves and saute.
- Now add the boiled beans and carrot and fry for a few minutes.
- Remove and serve beans carrot poriyal is ready to be served hot as a side dish for rice.