Baingan fry is a simple eggplant dish that can be had with rice or rotis. Brinjals get cooked fast and this recipe is really easy to make.
Brinjal Fry | Baingan Fry Recipe
Baingan Fry recipe<
- 6-8 brinjals / baingan / kathirikkai
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chop brinjals lengthwise and keep it immersed in water.
- In a pan, heat 2 tsp oil. Add cumin seeds and fry till it turns brown.
- Add the curry leaves.
- Now add the brinjals with salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add water, cover and cook.
- When brinjals become soft, remove the cover and let it cook till the water dries completely.
- Serve brinjal fry hot as a side dish for rice or with rotis.