This Indian cabbage stir fry recipe is very simple to make and goes well as an accompaniment to rice or rotis. Cabbage is rich in Vitamin C and is low in calories.
To maximize the nutrients of this vegetable, ensure that you don’t overcook it
Lets see how to make easy cabbage stir fry.
Cabbage Stir Fry | Muttaikose Poriyal Recipe
Cabbage Stir Fry recipe
- 2.5 cups shredded cabbage
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp broken urad dal
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chop the cabbage finely. Slit the green chillies and grate the ginger.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add urad dal, curry leaves, slit green chillies and grated ginger.
- Fry for a few minutes. Then add the shredded cabbage along with salt.
- Sprinkle little water and cook till soft.
- Cabbage stir fry is ready to be served.