This is a simple carrot stir fry recipe that has a hint of pepper to it. Carrots are rich in antioxidants and minerals.
This recipe is a side dish that goes well with rice or rotis or you could just nibble on them.
Carrot Fry / Carrot Poriyal / Gajar ki Sabzi Recipe
- 1 cup carrot (cut into round slices)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- A few curry leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- A few coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Chop the carrots into round slices.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add mustards seeds and urad dal.
- When mustard crackles, add sliced green chilli and curry leaves.
- Add the carrots along with salt and garam masala powder.
- Fry for a few minutes and add little water.
- Cover and cook till carrots are done.
- Add the pepper powder and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- Serve carrot fry as a side dish for rice or rotis.