This is a simple stir fry recipe that is easy to make. The addition of lemon makes it a tangy dish. Cabbage is a very good source of Vitamin C and is low in calories.
Lemony Cabbage Fry | Muttaikose Fry | Nimboo gobhi Fry Recipe
Lemony Cabbage Fry recipe
- 2.5 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal
- A few curry leaves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 lemon / nimboo
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Shred the cabbage.
- In a pan, heat 2 tsp oil. Add mustard seeds and when they crackle, add chana dal.
- Fry till the dal turns brown. Add curry leaves and grated ginger and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbage, turmeric powder and salt. Add little water, cover and cook till cabbage turns soft.
- Remove from stove, add the chopped coriander leaves and the juice of half a lemon and mix well.
- Serve cabbage fry hot as a side dish for rice or rotis.