Paneer salad recipe – a quick and easy salad using Indian cottage cheese. This is a warm paneer salad with capsicums. While potatoes are my favorite, the next best ingredient that I like is paneer. I can’t say no to a dish that has soft succulent paneer. I had some paneer left over after making carrot paneer paratha and decided to make a salad. I had the red, yellow and green capsicums and used them in this dish. It turned out colorful and the crunchy capsicums paired well with soft paneer cubes.
Paneer has vitamin D and is a great source of proteins especially for vegetarians.
This paneer salad is easy to make and can be put together in minutes. Mint leaves give a nice refreshing taste while onions and capsicums give a nice crunch to the salad. This salad is filling and tastes delicious. Lets move on to the recipe for easy paneer salad.
step by step recipe for paneer salad
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the paneer cubes and stir fry on a high heat till they turn slightly brown on all sides. Remove the paneer cubes in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the capsicum strips and fry till the capsicums are cooked but still crunchy. Then add in the chopped onions, gren chillies and tomatoes. Fry for a few seconds on high heat and remove from flame.
- Add these vegetables to the cooked paneer cubes. Add lemon juice, finely chopped mint leaves, salt, jeera powder, black pepper powder and toss. Paneer salad is now ready to be served.
Paneer Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup paneer cubes
- 1 cup sliced capsicums / bell peppers
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tomato small
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves / pudina
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the paneer into small cubes. Chop the capsicums into thin slices.
- Finely chop onions. tomato and green chilli.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the paneer cubes and stir fry them on a high heat till they turn slightly golden-brown in color.
- Remove the paneer cubes in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the sliced capsicums. Fry till the capsicums are cooked but still crunchy.
- Now add the finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies and fry on high heat for a couple of seconds. Remove from flame and add these vegetables to the paneer cubes.
- Add the roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder, salt and chopped mint leaves. Add the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Paneer salad is now ready to be served.
2. Do not cook the paneer cubes for long as they will tend to toughen up.