I made this capsicum tomato sandwich today for breakfast. It is a combination of capsicum (bell pepper), tomato and onions and is very easy to make. I have used the green capsicum here. But you could use the red or yellow peppers instead or a combination of them.
Lets move on to the recipe for easy capsicum tomato sandwich.
Capsicum Tomato Sandwich Recipe
- 6 bread slices
- 1 onion small
- 1 firm tomato
- 1 big ripe tomato
- 1 small capsicum / bell pepper
- 1/2 green chilli
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp oil
- Apply butter to one side of the bread slices.
- Toast or grill the bread slices.
- Slice the onions, the firm tomato and the capsicum to juliennes.
- Chop the ripe tomato finely.
- In a pan, heat oil. You could use olive oil or any vegetable oil.
- Add the onions. Fry till the onions become translucent.
- Then add the chopped ripe tomato. Fry till the tomatoes get mashed.
- Add the capsicum, tomato juliennes along with finely chopped green chilli and salt.
- You could avoid the green chilli if not required.
- Fry for a few minutes. Finally add the black pepper powder. The quantity can vary depending upon your taste.
- Spread this mixture on the toasted/grilled bread slices.
- Capsicum tomato sandwich is ready to be served hot.