This capsicum tomato sandwich is an easy and delicious sandwich perfect for breakfast. This sandwich has a filling comprising of capsicums or bell peppers, tomatoes and onions and lightly spiced. It is easy to make and a filling breakfast or snack.
I have used the green capsicum here. But you could use the red or yellow peppers instead or a combination of them. This capsicum tomato sandwich recipe is very simple and is healthy and delicious with vegetables giving a nice color and texture to the sandwich.
Lets move on to the recipe for easy capsicum tomato sandwich.
how to make capsicum tomato sandwich recipe step by step
- For the sandwich filling, heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped onions.
- Fry till onions turn translucent and soft. Then add the finely chopped tomatoes with salt.
- Cover and cook for a couple of minutes on low heat till tomatoes become slightly mashed.
- Add the finely chopped capsicums.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 mins till the capsicums become slightly soft but still retaining the crunchiness. Finally add garam masala powder and black pepper powder to taste. Stir fry on high heat for a minute and remove from heat.
- Sandwich masala filling is ready. Place a portion of the filling between two toasted bread slices or use a sandwich maker. Capsicum tomato sandwich is ready to be served hot.
Capsicum Tomato Sandwich recipe below
- 6 bread slices
- 1 onion small (or 1/2 cup finely chopped onions)
- 1 ripe tomato large (or 3/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes)
- 3 small caspicums (or1 cup finely chopped capsicums / bell pepper)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Butter / oil for toasting bread
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Finely chop the onions, tomatoes and capsicums.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped onions. Fry till the onions become translucent.
- Then add the chopped ripe tomato along with salt. Cover and cook on low heat for around 2 mins till the tomatoes become soft and slightly mashed.
- Add the chopped capsicums.
- Again cover and cook for a couple of minutes or till the capsicums become slightly soft.
- Finally add the garam masala powder and black pepper powder. Fry on high heat for a minute. Remove from heat and set this aside to slightly cool down.
- Meanwhile apply butter to one side of the bread slices.
- Toast the bread slices on a medium flame. Turn over the slices, butter them again and toast them till they turn golden brown.
- Remove from heat and set them aside.
- Spread this mixture on the toasted bread slices.
- Alternatively, use a sandwich maker to fill the bread slices with the capsicum-tomato mixture and toast them.
- Capsicum tomato sandwich is ready to be served hot.
2. For toasting bread, you can use olive oil instead of butter which will be a healthier alternative.
2. Adjust quantity of black pepper powder as per taste.