Papaya Lassi recipe – a delicious and refreshing yogurt-based drink using papaya. Sweet lassi is a very popular Indian drink. This lassi recipe is a healthy variation with papaya fruit.
I am not too fond of papaya but really enjoy it when hidden in the form of papaya halwa – a delicious sweet.
Papaya is a rich source of vitamin C and is also a good source of vitamin A and dietary fiber. With all the nutrients present in this tropical fruit, it is good to include it in our diet.
With hot summer days, there is nothing more refreshing than a tall chilled glass of lassi. After mango oats lassi that I recently posted, I tried papaya lassi.
I added ripe papaya chunks to yogurt along with a hint of cardamom. The result is this delicious papaya lassi that I am sure even papaya haters will love.
Serve this sweet lassi at the end of a spicy meal as a dessert or as a refreshing snack.
Lets move on to the easy recipe for papaya lassi.
Papaya Lassi / Papita Lassi recipe
- 1 1/2 cups chopped ripe papaya
- 1 cup yogurt / thick curd / dahi
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cardamom pod
- 2 tbsp sugar (adjust to taste)
- Peel the skin of papaya and chop into small cubes.
- Crush the cardamom seeds and set aside.
- Blend the papaya cubes, yogurt, sugar and cardamom together till they are well-blended.
- Add water and again blend to a smooth consistency.
- Papaya lassi is ready to be served.