Mango Oats Lassi recipe – a simple and quick yogurt based sweet lassi. This mango oats lassi has the goodness of juicy mangoes, oats and yogurt. With summer at its peak and temperatures soaring, having an ice cold drink is heavenly. I usually end up making sweet mint lassi. With heaps of ripe mangoes dotting the streets, you can’t go past without getting a couple of mangoes.
I love to have them on their own. But for a change, I reserved a mango to make a sweet lassi and added in some oats to make it healthier. It makes for a refreshing thirst quencher.
In this recipe fresh mangoes are blended with yogurt and oats and a hint of cardamom added makes this a creamy and delicious drink. You can end a meal with this lassi or have it just to cool off the summer heat. It is simple, easy to make and one of those recipes that you will want to make often.
Mangoes, the king of fruits, are a great source of vitamin C as well as dietary fiber. Oats too are a good source of fiber. With yogurt being a great source of protein, this lassi has all the healthy ingredients blended together. Lets move on to the recipe for easy mango oats lassi.
Recipe for Mango Oats Lassi
- 3/4 cup chopped ripe mangoes
- 1 cup yogurt / curd / dahi
- 2 tbsp quick cooking oats
- 1 cardamom pod / elaichi
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar (adjust as per taste)
- Wash the mango and peel the skin. Roughly chop the peeled ripe mango and set aside.
- Dry roast the quick cooking oats in pan till you get a good aroma.
- Remove from heat and grind the roasted oats into a fine powder.
- Crush the cardamom seeds lightly.
- Blend the chopped mangoes, yogurt, roasted oats, crushed cardamom seeds and sugar.
- Add water and again blend till it is smooth and creamy.
- Mango oats lassi is now ready to be served.