Whole wheat marble cake is an easy chocolate marble cake using whole wheat flour and cocoa powder. There is no butter in this cake.
I really love anything chocolatey and was ready to bake my butterless moist chocolate cake.
As always, nothing goes as per plan! There was no plain flour in my pantry. So I thought it was the right time to bake a whole wheat cake.
I have always been wary of baking cakes with whole wheat flour as they tend to taste not so good as the all-purpose flour cakes. But surprise, surprise..this whole wheat cake turned out delicious.
I really loved the marble effect in the cake. A really yummy cake, a bit healthier than the all-purpose flour cake.
For another equally delicious whole wheat baked goodie, do check out eggless whole wheat dates muffins recipe.
If you are planning to bake a whole wheat cake, do try this simple wheat marble cake recipe.
Whole Wheat Marble Cake | Atta Cake Recipe
Whole Wheat Marble Cake recipe
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour ( or atta )
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Cream oil and sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg and mix well.
- Then add milk and vanilla and mix well. Add water and give a good stir.
- Now add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour half the batter in a greased baking pan.
- Take the remaining half of the batter in a separate bowl.
- Add cocoa powder to it and mix well.
- Spoon the cocoa batter in the baking pan, leaving some light colored spaces.
- Using a knife, swirl the batters together, not mixing it too much.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.