Muskmelon salad / kharbuja salad recipe – refreshing Indian style salad using muskmelon ( or cantaloupe ). This light salad has a mix of tangy, sweet and spicy flavors and easy to make in minutes. During hot summer days, the only thing I look forward to is the array of fruits that are in season like melons and mangoes.
While watermelon is one of my favorite, I also love to eat muskmelons, which unlike watermelons have a unique taste. Usually, I prepare muskmelon juice or just eat melon cubes sprinkled with sugar.
I wanted to try a salad and prepared this kharbuja salad which is a mix of tangy, sweet and spicy. Fresh mint lends a nice flavor to the salad. It’s simple and easy to make in mintues but absolutely delicious.
For other healthy salad recipes do check out
Muskmelons are a great source of vitamin C as well as vitamin A. They help in building our immunity. They are also low in calories. Lets move on to the recipe for easy musk melon salad.
How to make Muskmelon Salad step by step
- Firstly, wash, peel and cut the musk melon into small cubes. Take the chopped melon in a bowl.
- Add finely chopped mint leaves.
- Then add black salt, red chilli powder and sugar.
- Finally add freshly squeezed lemon juice and gently mix well to combine. Musk melon salad is now ready to be served or refrigerate it and serve chilled.
Muskmelon Salad Indian Style | Cantaloupe Salad | Kharbuja Salad Recipe
( 1 cup = 250 ml )
Muskmelon Salad recipe
- 1 1/2 cups muskmelon cubes ( cantaloupe / kharbuja )
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves ( pudina )
- 1/8 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black salt ( kala namak )
- Wash the muskmelon. Cut it into 2 halves. Scoop out the seeds in the middle. Then cut the melon halves into wedges. Cut off the rind with a knife and cut the peeled muskmelon into cubes.
- Pick and wash the mint leaves. Then finely chop them.
- Take the muskmelon cubes in a bowl. Add finely chopped mint leaves.
- Add black salt, red chilli powder and sugar.
- Finally add freshly squeezed lemon juice and gently mix well to combine.
- Muskmelon salad is now ready to be served or you can refrigerate and serve chilled.
- The salad tastes great when served chilled.
- Adjust red chilli powder to taste.