Rajma salad or rajma chaat recipe – a quick Indian style red kidney beans salad. I love chaats and chaat masala powder is one of the ingredients which give chaats their tangy flavor.
I incorporated this tangy flavor in this recipe. Its a quick fix salad, if you minus the soaking and boiling time for rajma.
Rajma has great nutritional benefits. These legumes are packed with proteins and are rich in fiber and they are mainly a great source of cholesterol-lowering fiber.
For other easy salad recipes do check out
If you are looking for some healthy snack instead of the deep-fried ones, do try this recipe.
Rajma Chaat | Rajma Salad | Red Kidney Beans Salad Recipe
Rajma Chaat – Rajma Salad – Red Kidney Beans Salad recipe
- 1 1/2 cups boiled rajma ( red kidney beans )
- 1 onion, small
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tomato small
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- A few coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Soak rajma overnight or for around 7-8 hours.
- Pressure cook rajma till it turns soft and drain the water.
- Chop onions and tomatoes finely.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and ginger paste.
- Saute till onions turn soft.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder and amchur powder and fry for a few seconds.
- Sprinkle little water and add the cooked rajma along with chopped tomatoes.
- Saute for a minute till the rajma gets mixed with the masala and remove from stove.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Rajma chaat is ready to be served. Enjoy!