Red aval laddu or red poha ladoo recipe – an easy sweet using red rice flakes / beaten rice. This recipe needs very few ingredients and can be prepared quickly without any elaborate preparation as required for most of the other Indian sweets. These laddus are sweetened with sugar and flavored with cardamom powder – very soft and delicious and kids will love them.
Red aval or red rice flakes prepared from red / brown rice are healthier compared to the white rice flakes. They are rich in fiber and easily digestible.
When in need of a quick dessert, this aval laddu comes in handy – they are so easy to make. It is one of the quick and easy sweet recipes that can be prepared for the festival Krishna Jayanthi as aval is Lord Krishna’s favorite!
step by step recipe for red aval laddu
- Clean and place the red aval in a pan.
- Dry roast the red aval till you get a good aroma and the color changes.
- Grind the roasted red aval, sugar and cardamom pods to a fine powder consistency.
- Heat ghee in a small pan. Add chopped cashew nuts and fry till they turn golden brown. Add the ghee to the ground aval mixture and mix well.
- When still slightly warm, shape a small portion of the mixture into a small ball with the palm of your hand. Repeat for the whole mixture. Easy red aval laddu is ready.
Red Aval Laddu | Red Poha Ladoo Recipe
- 1 cup red aval / red poha / red rice flakes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
- 2 green cardamoms
- Dry roast aval in a pan on a medium low flame till it changes color and you get a good aroma. Remove from heat.
- Grind the roasted aval along with sugar and cardamom pods to a fine powder texture. Transfer the contents to a bowl.
- Heat ghee in a small pan. Add chopped cashew nuts and fry till they turn golden brown in color.
- Add the ghee along with the fried cashew nuts to the ground aval mixture.
- Mix well with a spoon. Then while still slightly warm, take a small portion of the mixture and using the palm of your hand, shape the mixture into a small round ball.
- Repeat this for the remaining mixture.
- Red aval laddu is now ready to be served or you could store them in an air-tight container.