Here is an easy cool and refreshing Mango Mint Raita recipe. This recipe uses sweet ripe mangoes and fresh mint leaves with yogurt. With mangoes still available and after the mango mint lassi that I had tried, I settled on trying out this raita with fresh ripe mangoes. It turned out absolutely delicious with the mangoes giving it natural sweetness and mint leaves adding to its refreshing taste.
This is a healthy raita recipe with the natural goodness of fresh fruit and yogurt. You could serve this mango mint raita with pulao or any hot curry or with rotis. Mangoes are a good source of dietary fiber and are also a great source of vitamin A. Mint leaves too are also a great source of dietary fiber while yogurt is rich in protein and calcium.
Mango Mint Raita Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe mango
- 1 cup yogurt / curd / dahi
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves / pudina
- 1 green chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- A pinch of salt
- Peel, deseed and chop the mango into small cubes.
- Whisk the yogurt with a pinch of salt till it turns smooth.
- Pick the fresh mint leaves and wash them thoroughly. Finely chop the mint leaves.
- Add the chopped mango, chopped mint leaves, chopped green chillies and chaat masala powder to the beaten yogurt and mix well.
- Refrigerate the raita for a couple of hours and serve the raita chilled.
- Mango mint raita is best served chilled with any hot curry or as a side dish for rice or Indian flat breads.