Grape raita / angoor ka raita recipe – a simple and quick yogurt based condiment with grapes. This grape raita has green and black grapes with yogurt and spices. Raitas are one of my favorite accompaniments to a spicy meal. They are all the more perfect to finish off a meal especially in hot summer days. My favorite raitas are the fruit raitas like mango mint raita and banana raita. I had some green and black grapes and tried out this angoor ka raita that is a mix of sweet and savory.
The recipe is very simple. I have used sweet seedless black and green grapes. Yogurt is first whisked. The spices are added to the whisked yogurt and mixed. Finally the chopped fresh mint and grape are added. Refrigerate the raita and serve chilled. You can have this raita as a healthy snack too.
Grapes are a good souce of vitamin C as well as dietary fiber while yogurt is a great source of protein as well as calcium. Lets move on to the recipe for easy grape raita.
Grape Raita | Angoor Ka Raita Recipe
Grape Raita recipe
- 1/2 cup seedless black grapes / kale angoor
- 1/4 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt / thick curd / dahi
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder ( adjust as per taste )
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves / pudina
- Salt to taste
- Roughly chop the grapes.
- Whisk the yogurt with salt till it is smooth.
- Add sugar, cumin powder and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Finally add the chopped grapes and finely chopped mint and mix well.
- Refrigerate the grape raita and serve chilled.
- Use firm and sweet grapes for this raita.
- This grape raita tastes best when chilled.