Cantaloupe juice / Musk Melon juice recipe – easy and healthy juice using musk melons. This musk melon or kharbuja juice is very easy to make and tastes delicious. Come summer and there are loads of musk melons available in the markets. So here I am with this simple but delicious musk melon juice recipe. Also called as kirni palam in Tamil, musk melons are seasonal fruits that are available during summer.
Cantaloupes are low-calorie fruits. They have a high water content which helps us to stay hydrated during summers. They are a great source of Vitamin C which is needed for a healthy immune system. Cantaloupes are also a good source of beta-carotene which gets converted to Vitamin A in the body. This helps to have a healthy skin as well as good eyesight. Also with a good amount of dietary fiber, cantaloupes are great for the digestive system. With all these health benefits, you have got to get a cantaloupe now 🙂 Use cantaloupes in your salads or make this delicious cantaloupe juice.
This musk melon recipe is very simple and you can make it in minutes. Scoop out the juicy flesh of cantaloupes. Blend them with sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice. If you are looking for a healthier option, substitute honey for sugar. That’s it! Healthy and delicious cantaloupe juice is now ready.
Once you have scooped out the muskmelon flesh, don’t discard the seeds. Just rinse them well, pat them dry with a towel and then roast them in the oven. You could even toast them in a tava or skillet till they turn crispy. Now you have a healthy snack ready! Lets move on to the recipe of easy cantaloupe juice.
Cantaloupe Juice | Musk Melon Juice recipe
healthy and delicious musk melon juice / cantaloupe juice recipe. Perfect refreshing drink to keep you hydrated during summers.
- 2 cups roughly chopped cantaloupe / musk melon / kharbuja
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar (adjust as per taste)
- Wash the cantaloupe. Cut the cantaloupe into two halves.
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and set them aside. If the cantaloupe is very ripe, you can easily scoop out the fleshy part of the cantaloupe fruit. Else, if they are slightly ripe, you can peel the skin and cut the cantaloupe into cubes.
- Take the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon along with the chopped cantaloupe in a blender. Add sugar and blend till it turns smooth.
- Cantaloupe juice is now ready to be served.
- For a healthier version, substitute honey for sugar.
- You can add some water while blending the juice to make the juice thinner in consistency.
- Add a couple of ice cubes, if you want to serve the juice chilled.