Date Milkshake / Khajoor Shake recipe – delicious and healthy milkshake using dates. This is a simple and quick milkshake.
I usually don’t prefer to eat dates as such and instead try to find ways to incorporate them in some dish just like in dates peanut ladoo. But one of the first recipes I prepared using dates was this simple date shake.
This dates milkshake is flavored with dates which are naturally sweet. So there is no need for any added sugar. Also, I have added almonds to make them more healthy and delicious. You can skip it if you don’t have almonds at hand. This is a healthy shake without ice cream added to it.
I usually use soft dates when making this drink, as it gets blended with milk very easily and there are no chunks of dates still in the shake. If the dates are hard, you will need to soak the dates in hot milk for an hour and then use them. This will help in allowing the dates to blend with the milk. Also, almonds are first blanched and then used in the milkshake. This milkshake can be served as a healthy snack.
Dates are rich in iron and a great source of dietary fiber. Its great to include dates in our diet, especially for children.
Date Milkshake | Easy Dates Milkshake | Khajoor Shake Recipe
Easy Dates Milkshake – Khajoor Shake recipe
- 5-6 soft dates ( khajoor )
- 1 cup chilled milk
- 3-4 almonds ( badam )
- Deseed the dates and roughly chop them.
- Blanch the almonds and roughly chop them.
- Blend 1/2 cup of milk with chopped dates and blanched almonds to a fine paste. Add the remaining milk and blend again.
- Dates milkshake is ready to be served chilled.
- If dates are hard, soak them in little hot milk for an hour and then use them.
- Almonds are optional.
- For blanching almonds, bring water to a boil in a small pot. Add the almonds and let it remain for a minute. Switch off the flame, drain the almonds in a colander and then rinse with cold water. Gently squeeze each almond between your forefinger and thumb to remove the almond skin.