Boiled egg bhurji recipe – a quick and easy boiled eggs bhurji that is a variation to the scrambled egg bhurji. This is a simple and healthy dish that you can have with bread or chapatis.
Do you usually prepare egg bhurji by scrambling eggs? Why not try this boiled egg bhurji which is a different version of egg bhurji prepared with boiled eggs. It is made with hard boiled eggs and is equally tasty. It has onions and tomatoes along with spices giving a nice zing to the dish. It is a simple egg dish that can be quickly prepared for morning breakfast to have with bread or you could have it as a bhaji with chapathis for dinner!
This recipe is also good to use up some leftover boiled eggs.
Eggs are nutritious and are rich in proteins. The egg yolk is a good source of vitamin D, especially if your skin does not receive adequate exposure to sunlight. Lets move on to the recipe for boiled egg bhurji – a protein-packed dish that is very easy and quick to make.
How to make boiled egg bhurji step by step
- Hard boil eggs and set aside. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When they crackle, add onions and garlic.
- Saute onions till they turn light brown.
- Then add tomatoes and green chillies.
- Add the spice powders along with salt.
- Stir and fry for 2 minutes till tomatoes turn soft.
- Finally add the chopped boiled eggs.
- Mix well and remove from heat after a minute and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Its time to serve boiled egg bhurji with bread or rotis.
Boiled Egg Bhurji recipe
A variation to Indian egg bhurji using boiled eggs. Perfect to have for a healthy breakfast or served with bread or chapathi.
- 2 eggs / anda / muttai
- 1 onion small
- 2 garlic cloves small
- 1 tomato medium-sized
- 1 green chilli
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds ( jeera )
- A generous pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder ( dhania powder )
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Meanwhile finely chop onion, tomato and garlic. Roughly chop the green chilli
- Once the eggs are boiled and it has cooled down, remove the shells and chop the boiled eggs into about 2 inch pieces and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadai and add cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds crackle, add chopped onions and garlic and saute till the onions turn light brown.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and green chillies. Mix well and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder along wih salt.
- Fry for a couple of minutes till tomatoes turn soft and add the chopped boiled eggs.
- Saute till the eggs get coated with the masala and after a minute, remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve boiled egg bhurji with rotis or toasted bread slices.