Egg and peas curry recipe – a North Indian style curry of boiled eggs with green peas. This curry has eggs and peas in a simple spiced gravy. Boiled eggs are one of my favorite ways to eat eggs and they go so well in curries like spinach egg curry. I had some fresh green peas and wanted to pair them up with eggs and the result was this delicious curry. Peas lend a slight sweetness to the curry that has basic Indian spices and goes so well with the boiled eggs.
This egg and peas curry is very easy to make. If using frozen peas, it is even more quicker. The gravy is of a slightly thinner consistency. This curry goes well with rice or as a side dish for chapatis.
for other egg recipes do check out
Green peas are a good source of minerals like iron, calcium and magnesium. They are also a good source of proteins. Eggs are a great source of proteins as well as Vitamin D. Lets move on to the recipe for easy egg and peas curry.
How to make Egg and Peas Curry with step by step photos
- Hard-boil the eggs, remove the shells and set aside. If using fresh peas, boil them with salt in enough water till they turn slightly soft.
- Heat oil in a pan. Season with bay leaf, cinnamon and cumin seeds. Then add the onions and garlic and fry till they turn light brown in color. Blanch the tomato, remove the skin and chop the blanched tomato. Add it to the pan and stir.
- Cover and cook the tomatoes for a minute. Add the masala powders along with salt and fry this for a couple of minutes. Then add 3/4 cup water and let it come to a boil. Then add the boiled peas and egg halves. Let this simmer for 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Egg and peas curry is ready to be served.
Anda Matar Curry | Egg and Peas Curry Recipe
Egg and Peas Curry recipe
- 2 eggs / anda
- 1 onion medium-sized
- 1/2 cups matar / green peas (fresh / frozen)
- 1 tomato large
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder ( dhania powder )
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 bay leaf ( tejpatta )
- 1 inch piece cinnamon ( dalchini )
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds ( jeera )
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Hard-boil the eggs. Remove the shells. Slice each egg into 2 halves and set them aside.
- If using fresh green peas, boil the peas in enough water along with salt till they turn slightly soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, finely chop onions and garlic.
- Blanch the tomato. Peel the skin of blanched tomato and roughly chop them.
- Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf and cinnamon. Fry for a few seconds and then add the cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds change color, add the finely chopped onions and garlic. Fry the onions till they turn light brown in color. Now add the chopped blanched tomato and cover and cook for a minute.
- Then add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder along with salt. Stir and let this cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add 3/4 cup water and let the gravy come to a boil.
- Now add the cooked peas or the frozen peas. Add the eggs and mix well. Simmer the gravy on low heat for 6-7 minutes or till it reaches the desired consistency. Remove from heat.
- Garnish egg and peas curry with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis or rice.