Muttai podimas / egg podimas / muttai poriyal recipe is a South Indian style of scrambled eggs. When you want to cook something really quick, eggs come to the rescue.
This recipe is an easy version of egg podimas / bhurji, quick to make and tastes delicious. You can have this muttai podimas as a side dish for rice or chapathis.
This recipe is very easy to make. Onions and eggs certainly make for a good combination and the spices added gives a nice flavor to the dish.
I have not added tomatoes to this podimas.
You can make this poriyal in minutes, especially on week days when you want something filling as well as one that can be made quickly.
For other egg recipes do check out
As for nutrition, basically eggs are rich in proteins and great to be included in our diet. Lets move on to the recipe for easy egg podimas.
Quick Muttai Podimas | Egg Podimas | Egg Poriyal Recipe
Quick Muttai Podimas | Egg Podimas recipe
- 4 eggs / muttai
- 1 onion medium-sized
- 1 green chilli
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A few curry leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop onion finely. Roughly chop the green chilli.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Saute till the onions turn translucent and soft.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder.
- Fry for a minute. Break the eggs and add them to the pan, keeping the flame on medium heat.
- Gently stir it and let it cook for a minute.
- Then keep stirring the mixture till the eggs are cooked. Remove from heat.
- Serve muttai podimas hot with rice or rotis.