Masala egg toast recipe – a simple and quick Indian bread toast recipe with eggs. Time flies in the mornings and most of us tend to skip breakfast, the most important meal of the day. When you have some bread and protein-rich nutritious eggs, you can make something quick and avoid skipping breakfast. This toast falls under the category of quick and easy recipe.
I love the variety of dishes that you could prepare from eggs. This simple bread toast has spice powders giving it an Indian touch.
I have used white bread, but go ahead and use your brown bread or whole wheat bread. I have a generous sprinkling of chopped coriander leaves on the toast along with crunchy onions and tangy tomatoes and they all help in brightening up the dish. Next time you are planning a quick breakfast or an easy snack, do try this masala egg toast recipe.
Masala Egg Toast Recipe
- 4 bread slices
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 onion, small
- 1 tomato, small
- A generous pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop the onion and tomato.
- In a wide bowl, beat the eggs lightly.
- Add milk, turmeric powder, red chilli powder. garam masala powder to the beaten eggs and and again whisk the eggs.
- Add in the chopped onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves and stir.
- Heat a tava, frying pan or skillet to medium-low heat.
- Grease the tava with vegetable oil.
- Dip a bread slice in the prepared egg mixture.
- Immediately place it on the tava.
- If the slice is not evenly coated with the veggies, using a spoon you can coat the bread slice with the egg mixture.
- Add some oil to cook the bread slice
- Once the bread is cooked on the underside, flip it over.
- When the bread is cooked from both sides, remove it from the pan.
- Transfer the bread slices to a serving dish.
- Repeat this for all the bread slices.
- Masala egg toast is ready to be served hot!